Friday, April 29, 2011

Two at a time....



No, I'm not talking about the animals boarding the Noah's ark!! I'm reading two books at once. I have never been good at this but I am going to attempt. Of course you know I am reading One Thousand Gifts. NOW I am also reading Epic: The Story God is Telling by John Eldredge. I have just started the prologue and already I am intrigued, captured! How can I not be with a book that begins it's prologue like this...




"'I wonder what sort of take we've fallen into?' It's been quite a journey for Frodo and Sam when the little gardener wonders this. Ever since they left home they'e encountered more wonders and more dangers than they could have possibly imagined. the battle at Weathertop. The flight to the ford. The beauty of Rivendell. The dark mines of Moris, where they lost the beloved Gandalf. Their fellowship has fallen apart; their freinds are now far away on another part of the journey. Into the shadow of Mordor they've come, two little hobbits and their cooking gear on a journey to save the world. It's at this point Sam says, 'I wonder what sort of tale we've fallen into?' Sam could not have asked a better question."



Life... a story? Definitely. Are you deep into the climax of your story? Are you just at the beginning, still in the introduction? Are you a part of comedy, drama, romance story? Maybe action, tradgey? We all wonder where we are... We usually only look at part of the story and not the whole... We can't peak at the end to see what happens. Don't you sometimes wish you could?

No comments: